How to Increase Sensitivity on Aqara Vibration Sensor with Home Assistant ZHA
— Smart Home
I recently purchased an Aqara vibration sensor, but the default sensitivity wasn’t working for my application. The sensor was connected to Home Assistant via the Zigbee Home Automation (ZHA) integration using a GoControl HUSBZB-1. I didn’t see an obvious way to change the sensitivity on the sensor, but fortunately I came across a forum post with the instructions.
- In Home Assistant, go to Configuration > Integrations and configure the Zigbee Home Automation integration.
- Click/tap on Devices and open the device for the vibration sensor.
- On the device screen, click/tap on Manage Cluster. In the dialog that opens:
- Select the cluster “VibrationBasicCluster” with the “Type: in” in parentheses
- Select “sensitivity” under the Cluster Attributes
- Enter “1” for the Value
- Enter “4447” for the Manufacturer Code Override
- Wake up the sensor (click the small button on the edge of the sensor) and click/tap on Set Zigbee Attribute
This should configure the sensor to use the highest sensitivity. For reference 1 = high, 11 = medium, 21 = low.